Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tribute to a friend, android instagram style


Regular readers of this blog will know that Greta just posted about her gorgeous typewriter cushion she made me for my birthday, and that she often posts about instagram.




So it seems fitting for my first post back after a four month hiatus to write about both things, in a tribute to her :)



My first instagram picture EVER shows her lovely cushion proudly adorning my favourite reading chair in my home office, beside my favourite homemade Amy Butler print and under my favourite Gretchen Albrecht print.



So why instagram, why now? Two weeks ago instagram released its android version (http://instagr.am/android/), meaning I can use it on my phone, and the news hound writer in me couldn't resist checking it out after facebook decided to spend $1billionUS on it!



Greta shared with me a very cool cheats sheet to instagram on FatMumSlim's blog - http://www.fatmumslim.com.au/2012/02/instagram-cheat-sheet.html - which has helped heaps this weekend to get started. But there seem to be a few differences between my android version and the iphone version. A quick google confirmed the couple of obvious ones. One, you can't preview what a shot will look like, with a filter on it, before you take a shot, like you can with an iphone (no biggie, really). You also can't pick a part of a picture and blur out the rest to create cool depth of field like an SLR camera (is that the waterdrop feature?). And yes, my instagram pictures are pretty blurry (another common thread complaint). But who cares! It's two weeks in to a first release, and as we all know with apps, the next version will be just around the corner. Looking forward to a new toy to play with. In the meantime, if any of you have any tips, please let me know!

PS: thnx and hugx to Greta, think you'll agree she's doing an amazing job running our blog :) I can't believe how prolific her art and drawings have become, alongside her craft! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails